Dear HRCU Member,
2018 was another successful year for Hidden River Credit Union, and we appreciate you being the reason for that success. Together, we achieved a number of important goals and continued to satisfy the financial dreams of members no matter what their stage of life.
Thanks to you, in 2018, HRCU:
- Reached $150 million in total assets for the first time, remaining the largest and fastest growing credit union in the area and one of the top 50 in the state.
- Continued to add new members – now serving over 16,000 members across Schuylkill county.
- Helped make over $5.6 million dollars in new loans, so members could buy their first car, first home, get married, or pursue their educational dreams.
- Added a third, full-service branch in Frackville.
- Returned to Knoebels on Member Appreciation Day for a day of fun, food, and prizes.
- Continued to offer some of the best savings rates and lowest loan rates in the area.
- Awarded scholarships to high school students, provided educational support and programs to local schools, and granted over $450,000 in higher education loans.
- Committed tens of thousands of dollars to more than 100 local community efforts and charitable organizations in the county.
I am humbled by the notion that together we have made it possible for a brighter future and continue to make a difference right here in Schuylkill county. So much has to do with the hard work, integrity, and dedication of our employees, and the selflessness and voluntary efforts of our Board of Directors. But most notably, it is our members who recognize the value of choosing and supporting a local, ethical, and conservatively managed financial institution that has their best interests and community at heart.
As we continue to grow, our commitment to you will also grow. Yet our purpose will remain to provide the high quality, low cost financial products and services that make managing your financial life easier. We are steadfast in our support of helping you and your family achieve your financial goals and dreams. Rest assured, every decision made by the Board of Directors, management, and staff will be with your best interests in mind. Serving members and our community will always be our guiding principle and the reason we love what we do. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
In Credit Union Service,
John H. Murga
Chief Executive Officer