Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all, sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us.
This information can include:
- Social Security Number and Account Balances
- Payment History and Account Transactions
- Overdraft History and Checking Account Information
Additionally, we collect information from you while you are visiting our website, social media pages, and mobile applications. We do this to better serve your financial needs and provide information on the right products and services for you.
Some of the information we may collect from you includes:
- Information you enter into online applications and forms for membership and products or services.
- Information about your transactions with us while on our website and mobile applications.
- Photos and/or videos may be accessed on your mobile device when you deposit a check or use a QR code to make peer to peer payments with Zelle or other third-party payment service providers.
- Your contact list may be accessed on a mobile device when you make peer to peer payments using Zelle or other payments functionality.
- Mobile device location may be accessed to detect and prevent card transaction fraud and also to provide branch and ATM locations.
We may collect, store, and use information about your visit, such as:
- IP Addresses: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is a standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the website.
- Geo-location of your computer
- Type and version of your Internet browser software and operating system
- Date, time, and duration of your site access
- Specific pages, buttons, images, videos, links, or forms that you access while visiting the site
- Type of device (e.g., iPad®, iPhone®, Android™) you use to view and interact with the site
- Mobile carrier and/or Internet service provider
- Demographic information concerning the country of origin of your device and the language used
Information we collect from you elsewhere on the internet:
We and/or other third parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our site. No financial data is paired with any individual user.
Our advertisements appear on websites that use the same advertising service providers as us. When you visit our site, these advertising service providers may use your browsing history across other websites to choose which advertisements to display to you.
When you are no longer a Hidden River Credit Union member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information, the reasons Hidden River Credit Union chooses to share, and whether you can limit this sharing.
Some of the ways we may use your information:
- to evaluate your eligibility for accounts, loans, and other products and services for which you apply;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to administer, manage, and service your accounts, products, and services;
- to send you marketing communications on products and services that we believe may be of interest to you and/or to prequalify you for such products and services;
- to personalize your experience on our website by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- to verify your identity in order to allow you online access to your accounts, conduct online transactions, and maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your account and personal information;
- to facilitate your transactions;
- to send you important information about your account(s), products, and services;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations, other legal processes, and law enforcement requirements; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new and improving existing products and services, enhancing our website, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.